Collection of Information
- Individual users of the Service who reside in California and have provided their Personal Information to ProPrint.com may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the address below. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified below.
- ProPrint.com may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Service ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Service, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of ProPrint.com with ProPrint.com-Collected PI, ProPrint.com does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, device identifiers) to be Personal Information or ProPrint.com-Collected PI.
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, device recognition technologies and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed ("Tracking Technologies") may be used to collect information about interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing behavior.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Service and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your device for an extended period of time. If you use your browser's method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features and functionalities of the Service may not work. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML 5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won't control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your device and adjust your settings, please visit: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons ("Tracking Pixels"): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as "internet tags" or "clear gifs," embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from ProPrint.com’s web server, or from a third party with which ProPrint.com works, and is active only while you are connected to the Service and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies: GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location.
- Fingerprinting: Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes of identification and/or tracking.
- Device Recognition Technologies: Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (e.g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household).
- In-App Tracking Methods: There are a variety of Tracking Technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as "Ad IDs" to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps and/or devices.
- ProPrint.com may also obtain information about you from other sources, including ProPrint.com’s affiliates ("ProPrint.com Affiliates"), Service Providers and Third-Party Services, and combine that with ProPrint.com-Collected PI. Such third-party-sourced, or non-Service-sourced, information (including Personal Information) will only be treated as ProPrint.com-Collected PI to the extent it is combined with ProPrint.com-Collected PI. ProPrint.com is not responsible or liable for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or for third party policies or practices.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Allow you to participate in the informational features on the Service;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your access and use of the Service;
- Process your registration and/or upload your User Generated Content ("UGC").
- Provide information regarding the products or services offered by ProPrint.com or other information you request, respond to your comments, questions and requests, serve you content and/or advertising, and send you notices;
- for ProPrint.com Affiliates’ marketing and other purposes;
- Improve the Service and for any other internal business purposes;
- Tailor our content, advertisements and offers;
- Fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information or otherwise where we are legally permitted purpose or are required to do so; and
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- ProPrint.com may share NPI and Personal Information that is not deemed ProPrint.com-Collected PI hereunder (provided that ProPrint.com is aware of no restrictions on ProPrint.com’s use, if any), with third parties or ProPrint.com Affiliates and their affiliates for any purpose. ProPrint.com’s sharing of ProPrint.com-Collected PI is, however, subject to the following:
- Marketing: While on the Service, you may have the opportunity to consent (which may be by opt-in or election not to opt-out) to receive information and/or marketing offers from someone else or to otherwise consent to the sharing of ProPrint.com-Collected PI with a third party. Absent your consent (which may be by means of third party interaction described in the next bullet point), however, ProPrint.com will not share your ProPrint.com-Collected PI with third parties, other than ProPrint.com Affiliates, for their own direct marketing purposes, except in connection with Corporate Transactions (defined below).
- Your Disclosure or Consent: As more fully described below (Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others) and (Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics), your activities on the Service may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your ProPrint.com-Collected PI (as well as your other Personal Information and your NPI) with third parties, and by engaging in these activities you consent to that and further sharing and disclosure to third parties. Such third-party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not ProPrint.com.
- To ProPrint.com’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively "Service Providers") who may receive, or be given access to your information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, NPI, and Usage Information, in connection with their work on ProPrint.com’s behalf, provided however, ProPrint.com does not authorize its Service Providers to use ProPrint.com-Collected PI provided by ProPrint.com to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to the ProPrint.com Affiliates absent your consent.
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and in response to a government request;
- ProPrint.com may share your ProPrint.com-Collected PI (as well as your other Personal Information and your NPI), in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of ProPrint.com assets, or transfer of all or a portion of ProPrint.com’s business to another company ("Corporate Transactions").
INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE PUBLICLY OR TO OTHERS
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, SOCIAL FEATURES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
- The Service may include hyperlinks to, or include on or in connection with, the Service, websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties ("Third-Party Service(s)"). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
- Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third-Party Services, such as third-party social networks ("Social Features"). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Service and a Third-Party Service; "liking" or "sharing" ProPrint.com’s content; logging in to the Service using your Third-Party Service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Service); and to otherwise connect the Service to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Service or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a Third-Party Service that references the Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with ProPrint.com or other ProPrint.com Affiliates in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Service or otherwise by ProPrint.com and ProPrint.com Affiliates. Also, both ProPrint.com and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and any Third-Party Service.
- ProPrint.com may engage and work with Service Providers and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on Third-Party Services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interest based on your browsing of the Service and elsewhere on the internet, sometimes referred to as "interest-based advertising" and "online behavioral advertising" ("Interest-based Advertising"), which may include sending you an ad on a Third-Party Service after you have left the Service (i.e., "retargeting").
- ProPrint.com maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to help us protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration. If you choose to register with the Service, you will be directed to choose a password to help protect your information. A password is only as strong as you make it: you should select a unique password and keep it safe.
ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION
- ProPrint.com may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct, or update some of the ProPrint.com-Collected PI, and potentially certain other information about you (e.g., profile). ProPrint.com will make good faith reasonable efforts to make requested changes in ProPrint.com’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from ProPrint.com’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, ProPrint.com reserves the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
TRACKING AND COMMUNICATIONS OPTIONS
- Tracking Technologies Generally.
- Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe's website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared.html. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails or text messaging) from ProPrint.com at any time by (i) for promotional e-mails, following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or if available by changing your communication preferences by logging onto your account; and (ii) for text messages, following the instructions provided in text messages from ProPrint.com to text the word, "STOP". Please note that any opt-out is limited to the e-mail address or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, ProPrint.com may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or ProPrint.com’s ongoing business relations.